2. Collection of Your Information
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to eZkrt Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our eZkrt Services. Examples of Information Collected:
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use eZkrt Services;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile ;
- upload your contacts;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an eZkrt device or service;
- provide information in your seller account, kindle direct publishing account, Developer Account, or any other account we make available that allows you to develop or offer software, good, or services to eZkrt customers;
- offer your products or services on or through eZkrt Services;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- provide and rate Reviews;
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
- employ Product Availability Alerts , such as Available to Order Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- email addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and emails to us;
- personal description and photograph in Your Profile;
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of eZkrt Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through eZkrt Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses eZkrt Services and other content served by or on behalf of eZkrt on other websites.
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, email address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like top sellers;
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
3. Use of Your Information
- Make our Services available to you - We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including processing your orders and refunds and managing the accounts you hold with us.
- Recommendations and personalization - We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences and personalize your experience with Services.
- Comply with legal obligations - In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you- We use your personal information to communicate with you concerning the services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse to protect the security of our customers. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
- By Law or to Protect Rights : If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Third-Party Service Providers : We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
- Marketing Communications : All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out from receiving these communications or change your account settings, this will remove you from marketing lists. Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding the services or products you bought from us and responses to enquiries made to us, and that we may hold your details on a suppression list so we don't send you marketing communications in the future.
- Interactions with Other Users : If you interact with other users of the Site and our mobile application, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
- Online Postings : When you post comments, contributions, or other content to the Site or our mobile applications, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site and our mobile application in perpetuity.
- Third-Party Advertisers : We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site or our mobile application. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and our mobile application and other websites that are contained in web cookies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners : We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Social Media Contacts : If you connect to the Site or our mobile application through a social network, your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. We operate channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services. eZkrt is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
- Other Third Parties : We may share your information with advertisers and investors to conduct general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
5. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Recognizing you when you use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, enable you to use 1-Click purchasing, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your preferences, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads. You may set your preferences through your account.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve eZkrt's content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on eZkrt sites and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
6. Third-Party Websites
7. Aggregate Data, Data Analytics and Social Media Functionality
8. Security Precautions
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your eZkrt account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
9. Security Precautions
10. Children 's Privacy
11. Options Regarding Your Information
- Account Information
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
- Emails and Communications
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Site or our mobile application
- Log into your account settings and update your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below